Top 10 Reasons To Hire A Realtor
Buying or selling a home marks a significant time in a person’s life. It is a time where to-do lists run long and emotions run high. Circumstances surrounding this need of buying or selling can run the gamut. Relocation, education, marital status, employment, or retirement – these are all very common reasons why you might be in the market to buy or sell a home.
Navigating the DMV real estate market can be tricky at best. When scouting properties in the areas surrounding metro D.C., narrowing down your list of prospective homes can be easier said than done. Hiring a professional in these instances can dramatically help you with the process, no matter if you’re on the buying or selling side.
Looking to Buy or Sell A Home in the DMV Area?
Whether you’re a seasoned real estate investor or a young family purchasing your first home, there are a number of reasons to secure the help of a professional. Here is our list of Top 10 Reasons To Hire A Realtor:
1. Showing you the property: Realtors have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to make appointments with the listing agent. Not all homes are available to see at all times. Notes on showing times or appointment specifications are usually listed on the MLS.
2. Training and experience: One of our favorites on our Top 10 Reasons To Hire A Realtor list, realtors have made a commitment to their profession by undergoing rigorous training and experience. It is more than what we do; it is our lifestyle. We understand laws and contracts, as well as getting the word out to potential buyers through specific marketing strategies. In fact, our team has extensive experience on “short sale” options and can help you navigate that process, as well.
3. Realtors offer a neutral, unemotional viewpoint: You, as a buyer, may love the house but there could be serious issues with the condition of the property. My real estate career began as a homebuilder, so I have knowledge and experience in spotting potential problems.
4. Relationships with other realtors: Sometimes real estate transactions involve contract negotiations on price, or repairs, or special conditions like early occupancy. When you have had positive experiences with other real estate professionals the negotiation process can move more smoothly.
5. Access to information affecting property values: Realtors keep abreast of areas with new schools being built, or an infrastructure change, like a major roadway development. These changes will affect the future value of your property. Realtors understand it is critical to remain current on local happenings that will affect property values.
6. Working for you when you can’t do the research: Realtors get information delivered to them based on customized MLS searches, as well as other realtor’s referral knowledge. We are a network of professionals working together for our clients. We share the needs of our clients with our colleagues in order to expedite the buying or selling process.
7. Neighborhood information: Realtors are privy to which areas are seeing increased transactions, or “hot” market conditions. This can be good for both buyers and sellers. Sell when prices are on the rise, buy before prices rise above your budget. We can also help you find the neighborhoods that meet your specific lifestyle criteria with ease.
8. Relationships with banks/title/closing companies: Finding the right home is just the first step in the home-buying experience. After the contract is accepted it’s time to move to the closing table. Realtors make this part of the transaction as seamless as possible by collaborating with other professionals in the industry.
9. Post-sale contacts: Realtors know lots of people in a variety of industries related to home and property ownership. I started out in construction, so I am happy to recommend trusted professionals for repairs, or if you would like a new addition to your home. But our reach as realtors doesn’t stop there. Use us a resource for landscapers, or even local hot spots for entertainment.
10. Future relationships: Part of our commitment as Realtors to our clients is creating long-term relationships. When you have future real estate needs we want to help. If you have an addition to the family, or you’re looking to downsize, we want to be there. You’re not starting over with a total stranger.
Our previous blog post, 2014-2015 real estate trends in the DMV area discussed what is happening in the DMV marketplace. It’s a great place to start if you’re thinking about buying or selling in this community. At Dimitri Homes, we look forward to getting to know you and helping with your real estate goals. Connect with our team today to learn more!